2017 VICTORIAN OBSERVANCE OF
THE UNITED NATIONS DAY OF VESAK
in the heart of Melbourne on Saturday the 27th of May 2017
will be our 10th Anniversary.
Come and join us for this multicultural celebration of the
Buddha’s Birth Enlightenment and Passing
Its a Free Event - All Welcome
Vesak Procession & Commemoration in the City of Melbourne.
10am - 3.30pm, Saturday 27 May
Come along to celebrate one of the most important days in the Buddhist Calendar and together commemorate the Buddha’s universal peace message for the world.
* Sangha Dana Lunch Offering (to Buddhist Monks & Nun)
* Vesak Procession & Friendship Walk in the Heart of Melbourne - Traditional Drummers, Buddha Floats, Flags, Lanterns,
all the colours of Victoria’s Buddhist Community
* Veneration for the Buddha Relics
* Chanting & Blessing from the Buddhist Traditions (in Pali, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Korean, Tibetan, and English)
* One Community Guided Meditation
* Interfaith Messages
Victorian United Nations Day of Vesak Program:
* Sangha Dana Lunch Offering:
10am, St Peters Eastern Hill Anglican Church Hall, 15 Gisborne Street, East Melbourne
* Vesak Procession: Starts at 1pm
Parliament Gardens Reserve (assemble from 12.15pm)
Corner Nicholson Street Extension (opp Her Majesty’s)
& Albert Streets, East Melbourne.
The Vesak Procession proceeds along Spring St and Collins St to
the Melbourne Town Hall.
There is public car parking nearby
and Parliament Station is opposite.
Free vegetarian lunch packs available.
* Vesak Official Commemoration:
between 1.30 and 3.30pm in the Melbourne Town Hall (corner Swanston & Collins Streets)